Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Big C

I have once more been diagnosed with cancer. I had a tumour removed by surgery in 1998, followed by two weeks of radiography near my stomache to kill off secondary tumours in the most likely area of development. Since then I have had regular check-ups at Christies Hospital to check it doesn't come back. Indeed, I had been checked just a month ago and as always no sign was found.

When I found a lump just above my groin, it seemed to me that a tumour was a distinct possibility as it is where the doctors often check me. But my GP thought it was probably a glandular infection. Then, when it didn't respond to penecillin, the GP favoured a hernia. That mad me feel old and decrepit.

However, the GP arranged a recall at Christies. The young registrar wasn't sure what the lump was but didn't believe it was a tumour, but the consultant have decided it is 99% sure that it is a tumour.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, my heart goes out to you. These things are going to plague us as we get older. Good luck and stay in touch.

Thursday, 21 September, 2006  
Blogger Bill said...

Thanks Tom

Friday, 22 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home