Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Round-up

I have got a bit out of date. I was writing something every day, but have run out of speed. It's partly that poor sleep due to the pain in my leg has made me less keen to spend evenings on the PC. If I am feeling tired now, what's it going to be like when Chemo starts. Well at least I won't be working as well.

Having left a message on my consultant's secretaries ansaphone last Friday, I spoke to her on Monday and was passed to another secretary, who wanted to pass me back again. It became clear that my paper work had just been sitting on a desk, the appointments for tests were just waiting for departments to get back to them, and no one had read my letter confirming I was going private. Since my phone call, they have tried to show themselves as models of efficiency.

Tomorrow afternoon (Thursday) I get my CT Scan. Lan is still hopeful that this will show it's been a misdiagnosis. I don't find that thought comforting, because I would be back to square one on finding out what this lump is. It is increasingly painful and the consultant was confident it is cancer.

I check into Christies Hospital Monday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home