Friday, December 22, 2006

Stress of inept letting agents


Making plans for a successful let
Originally uploaded by Dep Lan.
Everyone warned me that letting agents cost a lot and do very little, which is why I was wary of buying to rent, but Lan was keen to own a place to rent.

We use a letting agent and management service because Lan's English still has it's limitations and I don't have the time to chase up rents and frankly I don't want to.

However, I really could do without the hassle of having to keep chasing the agent. Nothing much is going to happen over the festive period. I was going to vent my spleen by publishing an excerpt from a draft letter, but the agent, (Reeds Rains) may consider it defamatory as may the tenant. Reeds Rains have annoyed me enough to throw caution to the winds, but as I don't know to what extent the tenant is contributing to the problem, I had better be more circumspect.

Labels: