Sunday, December 31, 2006

More pain

Friday night, I was in great pain, which hadn't gone by Saturday morning. Typical that these episodes happen at the start of a Bank Holiday weekend.

So I called Christie on the number that I had been assured I could get support. I got the answer machine of the doctor's secretary telling me she was away from her desk at the moment and she would get back to soon. I think she will be away from her desk till at least Tuesday.

So I called Emergency GP support. The GP who returned my call was very helpful. I still have a range of pain killers from before the op. So she was able to advise me what to take (Oxynorm). So pain is largely back under control. So I think I can make it through to Wednesday when I get to learn when my chemo starts.

Mum and Dad have responded by coming back to give me support, which is very good of them. Not only that, Mum has postponed her hip operation. I think she should get the treatment as soon as possible, but this very good of her.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger s7610ra said...

I think that good pain relief is going to be very important here. I suggest you and Lan start to research and acquire as much and as varied a range of pain killers as possible. Find those that suit and those that don't. Anti-nausea tablets for those that give you nausea and upset stomachs are also crucial. I do understand your Mum postponing her hip op. Maybe a window will arise when it seems right.

Tuesday, 02 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home