Saturday, September 30, 2006

The history of Greens Norton village

My mum showed me this site, for my grandfather's birthplace. It includes a brief description of my grandfather, Albert Wright.

Mr Albert Wright and Mr Arthur Wilinson travelled the district with a big thrashing machine and a steam engine. They would travel to their job and 'set up' one day, ready to begin work the following day. They always carried their bikes strapped to the box so that at the end of the day they could cycle home.

I did a bit more digging on the site and found that my great great grandmother was summoned by the Guardians of the local school to account for Albert being absent for 11 weeks. I had never heard this tale before, instead I have often been shown a certificate he got for long service, running the Sunday School.

[Click on the above image for the full story.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home