Friday, January 19, 2007

Courtesy of Patient Line

The blog is out of date,so i will jot some quick notes before returning to something more passive.

SAT: awful nights sleep due to pain.

SUN: a fine day out. My brother drove me and my parents ,to Castleton and Buxton, to enjoy the views. We then got out of the car for a coffee at the Palace Hotel. A remarkably untiring, unstressful and pleasant day out.
An awful nights sleep due to pain.

MON: slept downstairs. V comfortable. Concluded pain set off by climbing stairs.

TUE: repeat the success. Little mobility about the house, but lifestyle quite bearable.

WED: meet Macmillans nurse. Good discussion. Initiate steps for improved & focused pain control.

THU: 00:30 - agony. Eventually find bearable position.
04:30 - still in pain and short of breath. Start thinking that it may not be muscular and start worrying about cardiac possibilities and ask my parents to call an ambulance.


CONCLUSION: I am in Stepping Hill Hospital (my local hospital). We are fighting an infection around my wound area using anti-biotics applied intravenously. This will keep me in hospital until Mon/Tues at least. It may delay my next Chemo, until I am up to strength.
I am on ward B4, in my little room to reduce contact with others to reduce risk of further infections.

If you want to visit, please contact Lan/my parents first. Waiting times are restrictive and there is not enough space for all family to visit.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I plan to come over next weekend sometime Bill. I'll contact before I set off to make sure it is Ok.

Best

Graham

Sunday, 21 January, 2007  
Blogger Bill said...

Graham,
it seems quite likely I will stiill be in Stepping Hill by next weekend. We'll have to see.

Monday, 22 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home