Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Hospital visit

It's a fortnight since my last appointment with Dr Lorrigan, during which time I have been watching the bumps and get bigger and spread.

It was the usual procedure, a half hour wait in the waiting room then Lan and I were shown to a room and we were left there for half an hour before the Dr and his assistance finally came. Next door there was a lot of activity with 10 staff coming and going. My parents thought all this attention was for us.

When the Dr finally did come, Lan was so upset by what she might hear, Lan left and my mum came in. (It was only later did I learn that mum thought I had. been briefed for the last half hour and the information was being repeated for her benefit only.)

Dr Lorrigan now says I cannot go on the trial after all. Having been treated for a previous cancer (radiology for testicular cancer in 1998) automatically excludes me.

So my treatment starts on Monday. This is the BOG standard treatment or gold standard treatment as Dr Lorrigan called it. I had read-up on this for
the trial, except that it is not the same after all. The trial used a more friendly, oral version of temosolide.


[I will complete this posting after a bit more thought.]

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home