Monday, October 02, 2006

Diagnosis in doubt

After eight hours in the hospital, doing very little except for four blood tests, we now know less than we thought we did.

When the doctor eventually saw me at 4pm, it was to say that Thursday's CT Scan revealed a lump which didn't look like a a typical tumour. He was originally so confident with the diagnosis, he hadn't asked for a biopsy at the same time as the scan. How he is less sure, so I am having a biopsy tomorrow.

If it's a tumour, then the chemo will commence after all. Or it could be something else, such as an abscess which could be dealt with me as an out-patient.

Lan is feeling exonerated, as she said for some time she didn't believe it was cancer. I am not convinced. I have girded myself up for the ordeal of chemo and am frustrated by the delay and uncertainty. It has been a very tiring day, even if it has just been waiting.

While my proviate bed is still there at the hospital, I have come home for the night, where it is easier to relax.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it's something treatable that is less bad than cancer. But keep yourself girded in case it's not. Fingers crossed!

Tuesday, 03 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home