Tuesday, November 21, 2006

2 weeks on

Photo by Jill HoadIt is now 2 weeks from my operation and almost one week since coming home. I am still on painkillers, but just paracetamol and codeine as I was in hospital. I fell much the same as I did, except that I am more mobile around the house and it is a lot more pleasant being at home. THe advantages are: more personal space, Lan's cooking and more choice on TV.

The food was good at Nathan House, but like most institutional catering, it had a tendency to taste and smell the same. It also had a tendency to be too sugary for my diabetes and the task of choosing the menu 24 hours in advance meant I usually asked for too much.

Chinese cannelloni or what calls Vietnamese pancake, photo by J HoadMy diabetes is under much better control now that I am home and enjoying Lan's cooking.

I am still wearing the Egyptian galabeya so as not to rub the wound, as a result I still haven't been outside the house. The wound itself is still as swollen as ever, I will see what the nurse and surgeon has to say tomorrow. Lan has pointed out that in taking a flap of skin from my abdomen, my navel has moved almost two inches to the right.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking good

Tuesday, 21 November, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to see you back at home. I guess the healing is going to take time.

Best wishes

Tuesday, 21 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home