Monday, October 30, 2006

Plotting the growth

Afficianados of my websites of yore, may have wondered who long it would take me to graphically represent the problem.

I have been plotting it for some time, but have only just got round to posting it.

The graph shows the measured length and width of the lump. The first two measurements are by the GP and the consultant, the rest are by Lan. Lan doesn't believe in spurious accuracy, so she has measured roundly to the centimetre. I think that's why the lump appears to shring sometimes. However, the lump does sometimes feel larger and more intrusive (it looks like a shelf trying to grow from my hip).

The X-axis starts on the day when I found the lump (it didn't hurt at first, until I had poked it a few times to work out how big it was) and ends on the day I should be having surgery to remove it, 7 November.

I am annoyed, I learnt on Saturday, they have booked me into NHS not private, because they are not sure if Mr Murphy does private work. I wish they had told me four or five weeks ago when there were delays waitin for Mr Murphy. I would have perceviered with finding a different BUPA surgeon if I had known.

So I have told them to try and get Mr Murphy's permission to go private. I won't get treated any sooner, but I have been paying in the insurance for some years now. I want the luxury of a room to myself and other comforts.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. What is the point of being private if you can't use it? I know ethically it's all questionable, but when the chips are down I have always used it. Problem is now Ann is no longer at work we no longer have it.

Tuesday, 31 October, 2006  
Blogger Bill said...

I continue to feel a bit guilty about going private. I used to be very strongly against it. It seems to me know that as long as I am not delaying someone and that these are services provided by the premiums I have paid, it seems fair enough.

I think my hospital doctors are very keen to support NHS. I feel like assurring them I am a nice guy really, I just really really want my own room.

When I was in hospital for the testicular cancer in 1998, that was NHS. I didn't say much to my fellow ward memebers. I spent most of the time listening to Eddie Izzard CDs on head phones. I was having to suppress my giggles. I overheard a patient say of me to his wife, "he is always laughing."

Tuesday, 31 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home