Monday, October 30, 2006

Dealing with pain

Having seen me be in agony all of Monday, my parents decided they had to do something, at 7pm, half an hour before they were due to go home. So they contacted NHS direct who asked a lot of unnecessary diagnostic questions. Having established it was not trivial, it was on to Phase II, waiting for a call for the nurse. I was in luck, while the target is 4 hours, the nurse got back to me 40 minutes later. More diagnostic questions and then she told me to wait up to an hour for a GP to call me. A GP eventually called and gave me an appointement for later that evening at the Stockport Doctor Cooperative.

So mum and Lan took me to the doctors. I think they were worried I was a druggy trying to con them out of a fix. I convinced them I was legit and the doctor decided I could signficantly increase my dosage and gave me prescription for liquid OxyNorm. Since then, the drugs and keeping very still has kept me fairly comfortable, though not always lucid.

Lan, who is getting increasingly frustrated by the delays, to the opportunity to tell the doctor how I should be able to get dealt with more quickly with BUPA. I am not sure Lan's arguments went down well the co-op doctor.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home