Thursday, November 02, 2006

Pre-Op visit

I went in this afternoon for a pre-op visit to discuss the procedure.

I am now told I should reckon on being in for 7 to 10 days, while fluids are drained from my glands. I will then have to wait for about 3 weeks after the operation before hearing the biopsy on the lump to confirm what is really wrong.

The staff were friendly, but the journey was a night mare. The lump is like an additional spare tyre and every wobble is painful. Each pothole bought more pain. Then when we got to the hospital I insisted on Lan getting a wheelchair. But hospital wheelchairs are not like any other kind of wheelchair. There impossible for the occupant to control, break or move. One is fully dependent on others. They are almost impossible to push, so you are dragged, backwards, swaying along a corridor. It made me nauseous.

So I am relieved to be back home for the moment. It took me a good hour to relax enough to feel human again.

I will try posting an updated lump graph. I'll try a different background colour, but I think the current one works as long as you click on it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill. It all seems very awful. I am sure it is. I do hope that the quality of care when you are in the hospital is better and you can settle in and be given adequate pain relief.

Sunday, 05 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home