Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Visit to the Dressings Clinic

I visited the Dressing Clinic at Christie Hospital today. The biopsy report was not in so I didn't learn much.

The dressings were cleaned and replaced, though much of the wound has healed enough to be left exposed.

The one thing I learnt was that after the wound has fully healed and swelling contracted, I may have another operation to shape the transplant. If it still bulges, they may remove some of the tissue under the skin to give me a more natural shape. That will need a couple of weeks or so for me to recover from.

I am now waiting for an appointment to see the surgeon, once he has received the biopsy report. The report should clarify what the lump was and if further treatment is appropriate.

I wore a tracksuit to the hospital, which only slightly irritated the wound. It gives me an option for going for walks outside. However, it was quite tiring walking the length of the hospital, so I am still not up to walking far.

[We drove back home past the Red Lion Cheadle petrol station. I gather the 8-year old was on his way home from cancer treatment when the car-jacking happened.]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home