Friday, January 26, 2007

Friday update

The results of the angiogram are that I did have a blood clot near the lungs when I was admitted. It is likely that this was at least one of the causes of my shortness of breath which led to us calling the emergency services.

That led on to the discovery that I had an infection. The infection might also have contributed to my shortness of breath and general level of sickness when admitted. There seems little doubt that the infection was the cause of my pain in the leg and lack of mobility, so it was a timely discovery.

The angiogram also showed up cancerous bit in the blood near the lungs. Mum is insistant that we were previously told that the cancer had been detected round here so it shouln't be veiwed as a further spread.

I am no longer hooked up to tubes, but the plan is that I stay in hospital until Monday. This will give them more time to confirm that the infection is under control & adjust my blood density to make the re-appearance of clots less likely. My next chemo will be delayed by a week, until a week on Monday. This is to give my body a chance to recover.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least the tests have revealed some information that helps in the understanding of your symptoms. I hope the infection clears and that you can get back on the cancer treatment.

Best

Graham

Friday, 26 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home