Thursday, October 19, 2006

Time line

25 August - I found the lump and discussed it with NHS.
31 August - Saw GP, who favoured inflamed lymph nodes due to infection, but wrote to Christies. just in case.
7 September - Saw GP. Lump not responsive to anti-biotics so the favoured diagnosis became a hernia. But he said he chase up the letter to Christies.
15 September - Dr Leahy diagnosed a seminoma. He decided to dispense with a biopsy as he was so confident.
20 September - Hearing test, so we know much it deterioates as a result of Chemo.
28 September - CT scan (a biopsy is usually done at the same time).
2 October - checked in to Christies Hospital, expecting Chemo to start. Instead, all that was done was a Kidnet test, to check it is working well enough to suffer the rigours of Chemo. Then Dr Leahy told me the CT Scan suggested it was not a seminoma. He had overlooked the fact I had had skin cancer when he diagnosed me. 3 3 October - biopsy
13 October - Dr Leahy told me it was a melanoma (from the skin cancer).
19 October - I am going to talk to my GP about delays and pain killers.
25 October - see surgeon to discuss next steps.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home