Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Not impressed

The surgeon's secretary has given me an appointment for 25 October, a week on Wednesday. That will be exactly two months after I discovered the lump and marks two months of disturbed sleeping.

I have contacted BUPA and they have given me some numbers to call if I want to switch hospital, but then who knows what delays that might bring as they review my case.

So I am seeing my GP on Thursday (the earliest he could see me) to see if he will give advice on the way forward. I could do with assurance about how time critical this all is.

I could also do with some tablets which work. The latest are supposed to act directly on the brain, rather like alcohol and make one drowsy as well. They make me drowsy but they also prevent me from sleeping properly, just like alcohol.

The pain is not major, but it's enough to discourage all excercise except for a slow walk. Work seems to be the best distraction to the pain, but it's becoming a challenge to stay awake.

Thanks allowing me for this moan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home