Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Consultation

A week after the biopsy, I chased up the Dr Leahy, the consultant at Christies Hospital, with a phone call. His secretary got back to me with the message that he got the preliminary report yesterday. He would like to discuss it with another doctor but he is on leave this week. So I have an appointment to see Dr Leahy on Friday morning.

This sounds like this is not a simple case of confirming the original diagnosis. lan takes this as good news, that it probably means something less important. I am not so optimistic. There is obviously something he wants to take advice from someone else, but he doesn't feel able to defer talking to me till next week. To me it suggests there is bad news to be discussed.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best for Friday Bill. We are all thinking of you over here.

Wednesday, 11 October, 2006  
Blogger Bill said...

Thanks GS.

Wednesday, 11 October, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do hope Lan is right. Good luck Bill!

Thursday, 12 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home