Monday, January 29, 2007

Out tomorrow?

I am not out today. My blood is even thinner, despite the fact the haven't given me warfarin for 3 days. So they are going to give me Vitamin K, intraveneously, otherwise I could be waiting a long time before my blood thickens to safe levels.

They are also starting me on a new antibotic, in tablet form. Visually it looks like the inflamation is under control or perhaps declining, but blood tests show an increased level of inflamation markers suggesting the infection is far from beaten. The doctor says he prefers to treat the patient rather than the blood tests, but the indicators are strong.

At home, the occupational therapest has delivered useful items such as a bath stool and an adjustable bed table to make life easier.

I hear Jim has fixed our door lock which was getting unreliable and we continue to get cards and messages from friends. Thanks a lot, it is very comforting to have all this support.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home