Saturday, February 10, 2007

Back at home

I have been home since February 07. I haven't managed to make or take the time the time to post until now. I appreciate that my silence will have been frustrating for readers, as it has been for me.

I will post some more soon, once I have read your emails, assuming I don't get too weary again.

--------
In the end it was decided for me to go home. There were some risks. The infection (cellulitus) wasn't beaten yet and blood clots remain a risk. On the other hand I am avoiding a whole host of possible hospital infections and the tedium of the hospital.


My hospital 'room' was described by one nurse as a cupboard, but at least it gave me some privacy. I don't know what most of the patients on my ward were there for and to what extent it was there medication which was to blame, but it was a noisy and disturbed wing. The ward door was kept locked to stop patients escaping. This didn't stop them trying every hour or so. Poor chaps were bed blocked. Neither Council nor family could provide them with housing in time, so they were practically imprissoned, with no one to appeal to.

----

On the otherhand hospital could be relatively tranquil and organised compared to home. So I hesitate to invite visitors. Can I suggest you talk to Lan and my parents. If I am fit at the time, then I will join in.

----

I am going to look at the Stockporrt Heritage blog now. To be honest, it is more fun.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger s7610ra said...

Sure mate.

Saturday, 10 February, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the whole I'm glad that you are home Bill. I'll keep viewing to check on progress. I have assumed that you won't be able to make the Games Auction this year, but if you can, or wan a lift or something then let me know and I am at your disposal.

Saturday, 17 February, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home