Saturday, February 17, 2007

Pain largely under control

Comfort seems to be coming together. I have a hospital style of bed, which allows me to adjust to comfortale postions or ease me out of ed. The mattress is the ripple type. Which means it is constantly adjusting slightly to prevent pressure sores. It was a bit odd to start with, but now I like it.

Perhaps most fun of all, is that it is possible to place the laptop in a reasonably comfortably position. So emails and and blogging are practical again.

I am not getting out much. I had a trip to the hospital on Monday. On Tuesday we went out for a drive, to see how much fun that would be. It was a scenic drive to a car park the The Romper. To be honest, the fun of the drive, just about compensated for the being shaken around in a car.

I still look forward to visiting Underground Stockport exhibition (perhaps waiting for the final phase of Stockport Story to open as well.

I am in for visitors, though I am well booked-up at them moment. Call me or Lan if you want to come over. I think 3 March is my first available date.

Paul is in Vietnam at the moment. I think I feels a bit guilty to not be here adding suport but Lan and I made it quite clear to him that he should go. Paul phones every day and it gives Lan a great boost to hear the daily updates. Today is Tet (VN New Year) and Paul was interviewd for TV, because he was one of the first people to take a Ha Long Bay ride this Lunar Year. I also enjoy Paul's calls. It makes me think how excellent it would be if I could take a fews hours out of convalescing and install myself at a bar in Saigon, or any number of VN locations.

It is now someweeks since I had chemo. If I had insisted, I could have had chemo last Monday. But I now have more respect for the treatment. I don't want a blast of Chemo if all it means is another 2 weeks in hospital. Of course, no one knows if I would suffer as much the second time around, but we have agreed I need a couple of weeks recuperation before further chemo is sensible.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger s7610ra said...

Good to hear you are stable and settled.

Saturday, 17 February, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home