Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Back in Stepping Hill

I am back in hospital.

I could tell you a number stories of why it was thought necessary or the anxious waits while we wondered if I had been forgotten about. To be selective, over the weekend the District Nurses were concerned about the amount of swelling around groin.

Come Monday, my GP was not responding quickly, so the nurse called an emergency GP. In reviewing my case, the GP found several areas of concern, so I was referred to Stepping Hill. From being referred, it was an 8 hour wait for a bed, much of this time we were uncertain whether anyone was dealing with us.

In summary:
Thu, 15th - comfortable, enjoying the hospital type bed;
Fri, 16th - some discomfort from swelling in groin;
Sat, 17th - District Nurse concerned about swelling;
Sun 18th - increasing concerns;
Mon 19th - local practice suggests phone consultation for Tuesday. District Nurse gets on the case and insists on home consultation today. This led to me being admitted on 22:00. Blood tests and X-rays done overnight.
Tue 20th - some changes in medicine. Catheter drained my bladder.

Early days, but staff are talking about me leaving on Friday. A lot of it depends on getting balances right, it will also depends on my attitude to being in: prompt medical attention vs. better bed and home comforts.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home